Monday, May 17, 2010

Scientific Marvel School of Hairstyling



It is nearing the end of the school year for a lot of individuals and different technical schools. For some that means working on their portfolio. (I know what that was all about!) I had a cool opportunity on Friday to go along with Paolo and Katy from PrairieView School of Photography to help with a Fashion shoot for the Scientific-Marvel Hairstyling School, creating images for the student's portfolios.
The Students worked in groups to re-create a hairstyle in a magazine and re-create that look right down to what the model was wearing in the image. My job as a photographer-To come into an 8x15 sized lunch room, set-up 2 sets, recreate the model's "look" from the chosen image, recreate the light...etc. Essentially make my photograph look like the image the Students were trying to re-create. What a challenge!
Katy and I had a great time working through the group's models. Although I probably should apologize to Katy, as I'm sure with the tight quarters, I may have been in some of her images-As I photographed mine!
I must say I was quite surprised how well the groups recreated the hairstyles, looks and make-up of the models. Way to go teams and "Hats off "to the "Models" who were also students! Good Luck with Graduation and your future endeavors!









No comments: