Sunday, June 14, 2009

At the Lake- Self Assignment

                   Flying Bee to the blossom tree

Today was the first day we made it to the Lake this spring. There is nothing like hanging out at the parent's cabin, just relaxing and breathing in the fresh air. It was also a great time to reflect on this past years school experience. Only 4 MORE DAYS, till graduation! I had my camera with me at the Lake and realized that I no longer HAVE to do any more school assignments for marks. Then I began to think- maybe I should give myself self-assignments- challenges to help me continue to develop as a photographer. My first self assignment was to try and photograph a flying Bee. I stood by my Mom's apple tree for 1/2 hour to try to capture the Bumble bee's working hard on the blossoms. (Okay, my Mom is beginning to get a little worried about my photoholic tendencies). Then I thought, let's look around at the everyday things I've seen a thousand times at the Lake a see it in a different way and spend some time working on the editing. When I looked at the final results, I had to laugh- pictures from previous years were nothing like this years! Maybe I have learned a thing or two at school this year! Here are a few images of the Lake this year.

                         Bee busy at work

                                          Tree bark

 Maggie, the Neighbor's  dog who just wonder's over for a snack, every now and again.

  Missy, sad because she got dirty and wet in the Lake and had to be chained up outside!

  Bird in the tree- I loved the contrast of the blue and yellow!

                   Iris's at the side of the road.

                 View down the Lane

                                   Mom's flower's

No comments: