Saturday, January 2, 2010

Rocky's New Year's Lockport Adventure

New Years Day, a day for some quality family time."Rocky would you like to go for another drive" I heard myself say to our "borrowed pet" of just a few more days. Could that be him smiling- It really looks like a smile-makes me want to smile!????? I know for a fact this dog really enjoyed his last outing to Starbucks. So the family decided to take a drive out to Lockport to the Half Moon, a dog with taste buds for Coffee must surly have a stomach for hotdogs?

Rocky got excited as we arrived on the parking lot-anticipation grew- ahhh, the home of Hot Dogs and Super Dogs, He should fit right in! He might of been excited but we were a little disappointed as they were not open! "Lets go through the A&W drivethru in Lockport" I said to my husband. Rocky's eyes grew large as we pulled up into the parking lot. Smelled good!

As we ordered our food, the lady at the window asked if our dog would like a dog biscuit. "It's really not our dog" I heard myself say, but I what I was really thinking was what kind of fast food restaurant caters to dogs????? Am I really seeing this right- Is that employee really passing Rocky a dog biscuit from the drive thru window?????!!!! 
    
Despite the size of the Biscuit , Rocky looked so regal sitting on the dashboard his "prize" tucked between his front paws. I really think he was thinking, (or else he was still in shock) "Wow, how cool, what an experience-now how am I going to be able to eat this!" (It was about 20x's the size of his regular biscuits!)

While he contemplated the situation we continued to show him some of the sights down River Road. About 15 Minutes later completely exhausted from his Big Biscuit dilemma he curled up and went to sleep- dog biscuit still not eaten, lying beside him. Maybe  "sleeping on" the situation seemed the best resolve for him. Our next Rocky Adventure maybe will have to be a little less problematic in nature! 


4 comments:

Katy Winterflood said...

I love Rocky's little adventures :) hehe xx

Unknown said...

I can't get enough of this dog! I love seeing photos of him! so cute!

Carolyn said...

I think he really is smiling. Only you could catch a dog grinning!

Photokat said...

You need a dog : -)