Sunday, April 4, 2010

Princesses are in the House!


I'm always amazed with what the results can be from a one hour photo session with children! My goal, always being able to capture a spontaneous moment, a child's natural expression, and of course the natural smile! So often a child arrives to the session so timid and unsure-(I would feel that way if I was only a few feet tall and I entered a room with 4 big towering bright lights and someone telling me to go stand on the largest roll of bright white paper I've ever seen!) I find with each child timing is always unique. Some take but 5 min. to realize there are toy props in the room and "let loose" and others can take closer to half an hour to warm up to the idea of being the camera's subject. Just playing and having a good time I find is always the key! I love it too when the parent brings along props as well that are special to the child. It often gives the child a sense of security and pride, which translate well in an image.

It becomes even more fun when the child brings along their imagination and some costumes to go along with it! These two "Princesses" literally transformed in front of the camera upon slipping into their Princess Costumes, necklaces and placing a crown upon their head! Here are some of the results from last weeks Spring Session..too much fun!














No comments: