Saturday, April 25, 2009

Working with lighting



This past Tuesday I had the opportunity to rent out the Studio at school and  work a little on getting my wedding portion of my portfolio worked on. We have also had an extra lighting class added to our schedules until further notice so I think the two just kind of collided together for me. The class, with Ross, helped me to start to think about how light translates in an image and how we can interpret and read what lighting was used to create and photograph a subject. I was also inspired to try props and see what adding props does to the whole lighting set-up. It was fun to have a concept of how you would like to create an image using light, and to find out how to go about actually finding the right studio light set-up to get what you wanted in the first place. I had a lot of help from Craig, Ross and Cory with set-up advice and I was pretty pleased with the results. I first went for "Drama" then my model Heidi and I went for a high key kind of look. Heidi was GREAT!!!!-S-o-o-o-o patient! Big thank-you's go out to all who helped!







No comments: