Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ebonie's Road Trip

Fog in the Carberry Hills, Manitoba

Ah Yes, nothing like sitting in a car traveling across the Prairies, destination Calgary. My oldest son was playing in a National Volleyball Tournament there this long weekend. Middle of May, you can expect all kinds of weather! We left this past Friday in pouring rain, which turned into snow, and then heavy fog. This can put a real damper on the creative juices- it's not like my husband was about to stop the car for me to take pictures in the elements we encountered! I began to fidget with my camera (Yes, a sign of my photoholic tendencies), and began to think,
why not take a picture-So what if it's fast , inside a moving window with a pretty dirty, rain splattered windshield what's the worst that could happen? It's not like I can't hit the delete key! So I began snapping away! The next two images I thought turned out kind of neat. They remind me of an abstract water painting...



We drove as far as Calgary, Alberta and then spent a morning going into the Rockies to visit Elbow falls.

Elbow falls- I took about 15 images at the same position of the falls and found this one that captured a rainbow!

One of my goals for the trip was to try and slow the motion of water in an image. Good thing I remembered the tripod!


We went also to "Forget Me Not Pond" only to find it still partially frozen, only beginning to thaw!

We saw a lot of wildlife along side of the road. This deer I just realized as I edited him was really "Sassy" It was sticking its tongue out at me! You may want to click on him for a larger view to really get the look in his face! It's not the best image -But it makes me laugh!

Yes, Ross, I did get out of the car to take this shot. I just made sure I could run to the vehicle faster than he could charge at me!

Sunrise, just outside Medicine Hat, Alberta. On our way back to Winnipeg.


No comments: