Sunday, July 5, 2009

Winnipeg Cat Show-Work Weekend!

This weekend was the Winnipeg Cat Show, and I had the opportunity to work with Katherina from Pawsitive Image. We were the photographer's for the show and I can definitely say we both learnt a lot in 2 days! We got to meet contestant's from all over North America, Florida, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, etc., and I met breeds of cats I haven't even heard of before! I have been the proud pet owner of a cat(actually about 5) when I was younger and I was happy to learn there are even categories in the Competition for household cats and I met even a few "rescued" cats that competed. Photographing cats is a lot different then dogs as they have a mind of their own and hardly are ever stationary! I became a pro "teaser" trying to get the cat's attention and into a pose so Katherina could snap the shot. I was glad I brought my 50mm 1.8 lens as I was able to shoot with out flash and thereby avoid a lot of "red/green"eye. (We found we got that almost always with the blue eyed cats!) It was also fun to capture them in their cages or being held by their owner's.  Here are a few images captured over the weekend, (Katherina will post more on her site in about 2 weeks if you want to check it out!)...Enjoy!











3 comments:

Katy Winterflood said...

oh i love cats! these are awesome shots!

Sara said...

oh ebonie! i love cats! you should of told me about the cat show! lol
great shots!!

Carly Alexandra Stevenson said...

wonderful pictures :) I'm in love with that second shot!!