Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blast from the Past!



This week I had the opportunity to see a friend I haven't seen in a long long time! Marni was a bridesmaid at my wedding and after starting a family she moved away to B.C. . I was so excited to hear that she was in Manitoba for holidays and staying at Grand Beach for the week. Ah yes, Grand Beach, pristine sand, tanned bodies, boardwalks, whitecaps and only an hours drive away from the city. Yes, many memories from my youth-but we won't go there! When I arrived we decided to go for a walk along the beach - had things changed much? It probably didn't help that the weather was cloudy, windy and only about 17C, the beach was pretty much deserted ! It was great for walking along the water's edge though, photographing the seagulls, shells, children, and a few sports fanatics who were braving the weather, water and enjoying the whitecaps. 








Marni also had friend Rhonda out for the week with her family. Here are their girls, Brittany, Mylie, and Lindsay. They have definitely grown up since I saw them last! What great sports when it came to posing. I tried a little "edgy" technique on the above shot to create sort of a painted portrait feel to the image.



What a relaxing day, I left there with great memories and some fun shots. As we drove home through a storm as was really surprised to see an most amazing rainbow in a clearing.  I pulled over to the side of the road to take a few pictures. My only regret is that I couldn't fit the whole rainbow in with my  17mm- 85mm lens. Hummm, maybe I need to make a purchase in the near future....


No comments: