Friday, March 12, 2010

Leigh Konyk Exhibition-Bravo!!!



I had the most enjoyable time last evening checking out the new Cre8ery Gallery exhibit by Leigh Konyk. Her exhibit included something near and dear to my heart-photos! Leigh has an unbelievable talent for picking up and finding "Tidbits of stuff" in her daily life. By "stuff" I'm talking about pattern pieces, photos, magazine clippings-"stuff". "Stuff" I normally might read once, throw away with out a second thought, give away, or, honestly at my age would just plain forget about! Leigh on the other hand carefully collects and "tucks away" these pieces as treasures to be revealed at a later date. It is with this "stuff" that Leigh has created the most fantastic, collages that evoked memories from ones childhood growing up in Winnipeg. I found myself reliving childhood memories with such clarity and I noticed it just wasn't just me with a smile on my face as I viewed her pieces , I caught a few "I remember when..." and " That could be me sitting there..." and I remember when I went with my parents to the ...".

If you find yourself with a little free time in the next week or so-Leigh's exhibit is up till March 23rd. Need a smile-Check it out! Check out cre8ery.com for details!






Above Marilyn, a nurse, enjoys this collage of a Winnipeg hospital recreation.


Lisa J. and her daughter view one of Leigh's pieces that incorporate a picture of her mother and aunt as young girls.





No comments: