Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nightscapes



This weeks board assignment was Nightscapes. It was really interesting as it was a real learning experience. I went to Waterfront drive and took the shot looking toward downtown. It took about 20 shots and 2 trips to get good focus. I went back the second time after I googled helpful tips. I think the key was to not only use the tripod but also to set a self timer as to avoid any motion. I did think any slight vibration will also effect blur and I was on a small lookout platform in strong wind. I also had attempted a Nightscape in my home and tried a few ideas with the Christmas tree. Not a great Nightscape but some cool zoom effects! I especially like the way the needles and ornaments appear to be rotating around the tree, and you gotta love the neighbors snowman!).

3 comments:

Carly Alexandra Stevenson said...

these look great!! i really like the xmas tree zoom burst and how you can see the ornaments pop out!

Cassandra Steen said...

I'm really enjoying your shots ebonie.... They are really looking good

AmandaO said...

Oh Ebonie.

That Christmas tree zoom burst makes me melt with happiness.

I love the snowman shot too. I work with a woman who is obsessed with snowmen. I'm totally going to tell her to check out you blog. You'll have an instant fan with that shot! :D

AO!