Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ebonie's day out!


I decided today, that if I was going to have a crazy day shooting - I was at least going to enjoy it! I had to complete 2 assignments on film. The first was Craig's assignment of photographing my hardware and the second Mandy's assignment on Light. Light- Light sources? types of light? Light weight? Too much indecision! She told me to go and have a good time with it- so I decided to  go to a familiar place where I have spent a few summer's working. Lower Fort Garry was a great summer job-however I must say it is way quiet during the winter months in comparison to the bustling summer months. Yep- Just me and the trees and the snow and -20C temps! Funny thing this shoot- I had set my digital camera to white balance in my house to photograph my hardware and forgot it was on custom. It was a little scary seeing my pictures coming out Sepia- I was brain storming for about 20 min. as to what was happing. Could cold weather really do that to my camera????? Good thing I remained calm and eventually figured it out! ( Tooooo Busyyyyy!!!!) How do you like my new friend- He scared me to death as I was taking pictures in complete isolation and he snuck up behind me and swatted  the back of my hair!(Didn't see him coming!)  I think he was so excited someone was visiting and I know it felt good to me to have a little company. I gave him a little attention and he in turn did a little posing for the camera. There I was talking to a cat, only after about an hour of solitude- reminded me of a Tom Hanks movie where he's the only one on an island and he talks to Wilson his basketball- at least I got a few meows in response! I had a relaxing shoot- sure hope the film pics turn out as well as the digital!









2 comments:

AmandaO said...

Hey! Hi!

I love your accidental sepia. It works really well with those photos!

Also...poor kitty's nose. The kitty photos made me want to take the kitty home. (But only if the kitty was that sepia in real life. ;) )

Great work Ebonie! :)

AO!

Sara said...

I looove the photo of the boat, great job. I love the accidental sepia