Thursday, December 18, 2008

DT shoot week assignment

Holy Trinity Catholic church

St. Nicholas Ukrainian Orthodox church


Above and below- Little Britain church.


 St Andrews Church on River Road: Looking into a church window-I discovered a stain glass window on the opposite side and also got the reflection of the trees behind me.

                                                         Open water on the Red River

Love the way the sun turned out in this shot!



I had a great day of shooting with Paolo as we travelled all the way to Selkirk , Manitoba to shoot Mandy's landscape film assignment and for me to begin work on my Digital techniques assignment. My self appointed assignment is to shoot churches of Manitoba and to focus on unique point of view. There are a number of surprisingly  unique little churches in this area! I thought I'd blog a few shots from today- I also had fun with post manipulation. ( I've got to start thinking outside the box!) If anyone knows of other churches with character let me know!

3 comments:

AmandaO said...

That photo of the stained glass window is SO FREAKIN' GOOD!!!!! I did a little *gasp!* of happiness when I saw it. It's perfect. PER-FECT!!!!!!

Have you photographed the church in Cook's Creek? That one has an awesome grotto thingy. Oh...and what about a Scientology church? It totally doesn't look like a church, but it might be an interesting thing to add to your project. There is one on 315 Gary Street...pretty close to the school. There's a cool church in Osborne Village...and one, I think it's a United Church and I think it's on Maryland and Westminster.

I can't wait to see what you come up with! You're my photo-hero, Ebonie! :)!!!

kellyf said...

Hi Ebonie,

I've been following your blog a little and just thought I'd say hi! Went to PV last year and I'm also a Mom so I understand what a crazy life you're living these days :D Nice work on the churches, I was going to tell you about Cooks Creek as well, but I see AO beat me to it!

Good luck with your assignment and don't forget to breathe!

Unknown said...

wow, I really love the light in some of the first pictures. NICE! I especially like the pictures of the St. Nicholas Ukrainian Orthodox church. Well done! Good to hear you're braving the cold for awesome shots!