Thursday, December 25, 2008

50 mm Christmas!


I had a little holiday fun with my 50 mm 1.8 lens. It started  with me having to do Mandy's assignment with 3200 ISO film and realizing that I still needed a little more light to get hand held shutter speeds. So I thought this lens would also be a good chose for my digital as well. Here are a few fun photos I took over the holidays so far. I'm getting ready to pick my image for my next board assignment at school and I may need some assistance. Our board assignment is for our best holiday photograph and a little write up about why. I'm putting it out to any one reading this- please give me your feed back which one do you like the best?  


Holiday Delights

Fancy Apple


Mom and her Mittens


Silver Pinecones


Fancy nails



Red bow

Bad Holiday photo reinvented?



 Christmas Deer


3 comments:

AmandaO said...

My vote is for the holiday ball with the photo on it. It's a picture in a picture, and if you put it up as your board assignment I could take a picture of it, and then it would be a picture of a picture of a picture...;)

Unknown said...

My vote is for fancy nails. What a cool shot. That is why I like my 50mm 1.8 lens. Gorgeous DOF at such short distances. I love that kind of shot (I have a similar shot of my bro-in-law holding up a weird squid leg bit with chop sticks in the same way as this cookie shot)
mmm cookies and squid.

Melinda said...

Ebony!
Great photos. I second the vote for the fancy nails, and my next vote would be for the holiday cookies. I will be following your blog from now on!
Melinda