Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Say CHEESE!!!......CAKE!

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!  So what's cheesier than a photographer giving away  a great cheesecake recipe! Say Cheese! In all seriousness I have enjoyed the past few days off of school and have spent time in reflection of things I use to do before I became a student. I use to clean my house and cook- yes, and even bake! Well the last week has been a blur of fall cleaning, moving furniture and I feel a little wall paint touch ups in the near future. But I have been making time for things I enjoy like entertaining and baking! The only difference now is that I can multi task-not only do I bake but I can take pictures at the same time! (Just don't ask me to chew gum while attempting the other two!) I hope the holidays are going great for you and that your all finding a little self time to experience those things you enjoy as well! I leave you with my favorite cheesecake recipe  it's really great- Hope you have time to try it!

ORANGE POPPYSEED CHEESECAKE WITH LEMON SAUCE

 CRUST: 3/4 cup graham wafer crumbs
                3/4 cup ground almonds
                 1 Tbsp. sugar
                 1/4 cup butter melted
Combine crust ingredients; press mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-in. spring-form pan. Bake at 350F for 8 min.. cool.

  FILLING: 2 Pkgs.(250g each) light cream cheese(Can use regular as well), softened.
                     1 cup sugar
                      4 eggs
                      1 tsp. grated orange rind
                      3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
                      1/4 cup orange juice
                      3/4 cup whipping cream
                       2 Tbsp. poppyseeds

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until very smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just blended. Beat in remaining filling ingredients. Pour into pan. Bake at 450F for 10 min.-reduce heat to 250F and continue baking for 35-45 min. or until centre is just set. Remove from oven and run a knife around rim of pan to prevent cracking. Cool thoroughly at room temp.. Chill overnight. 
 


GLAZE: 2 eggs
                3/4 cup sugar
                 1 tsp. each, grated orange and lemon rind
                  1/4 cup lemon juice
                 2 Tbsp. orange juice
                 2 Tbsp. butter

In a small saucepan whisk eggs until foamy. Combine with sugar, rind, juices and butter in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. Cool. Just before serving, spread evenly over cheesecake.



2 comments:

AmandaO said...

O.K.O.K O.K. So not only did you host 10,000 gatherings with family and friends at your house this week, but you also managed to bake, AND photograph, AND write about it? Seriously Ebonie...SERIOUSLY. You amaze me.

Now I really want some cheese cake...and oh! Look at that! There's a recipe! :D Sweeeeet.

Unknown said...

you are so cool.
that was the funnest recipe to read. Now I'm hungry.
and it's only 7:35am.
and I think you should make your own recipe book!