Saturday, March 21, 2009

Warning: TWO Cute Babies!!!!

This Saturday was baby day- a shower for my friends Ellie and Lawrence -some of you may remember my past blogs where I photographed her pregnancy. They ended up having twins! A boy named Noah and a girl, Anna. I was suppose to be photographing group and couple shots for Craig's portfolio class -but I could hardly tear myself away from these two adorable faces!!!!
Babies are amazing to photograph but it really is luck, time of day, lots of factors -(Okay, maybe some skill, to capture them with their eyes open) It is particularly hard when they can't hold up their neck. Maybe someone has some good tips to share on photographing babies- positions, poses, etc.???

 Just to prove my point about just how cute these two are here's some of the images I managed to capture.

Meet Noah.....

"Who's this lady and why does she have a camera in my face?..."

" She wants me to smile????"



" I'm going to give her a laugh-maybe she'll go bug my sister...."


Meet Anna....


"Princess Anna"

"Hey who are you and what is that your looking through?"

"Tiny Anna Hands"

"soundly sleeping"

"Daddy kisses"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so cute! You captured them in great light (window light, which is so soft and perfect for babies!).

Lovely lovely and so adorable.

When I photograph babies, I snap and snap and snap away. Babies are unpredictable, and if they do get into a pose you like, they likely won't stay like that for very long. So that's why I'm constantly snapping away. In between shots, I stick my face out from behind the camera and make the biggest baby smile wide-eyed look to make them smile too. Babies are so fun to photograph!