Saturday, March 14, 2009

What's a weekend?
















Most students after a busy week of school look forward to a relaxing weekend.  I kind of knew by about Wednesday  this was not going to be a reality for me. My work load, mostly of the taking picture kind, was nearing astronomical proportions! The weekend began with shooting Friday evening at a volleyball tournament in Selkirk and editing it by 11:00p.m.. The next morning I was off to school to do a shoot with a model and an afternoon of editing , I then ran out to Walmart for a fun photo shoot to have my portrait taken for our Portraiture assignment, then the evening was comprised of completing a, three people one look assignment, for Craig's portfolio class, and of course editing. Tomorrow is a day of completing my Digital assignment shooting at different ISO levels in ambient light and my last assignment, One person , three looks, again for Craig. Did I mention that I have my moms and my sons birthday to celebrate in there some where- Where is the balance???  It is a good thing I enjoy taking photo's so much. I also think some of these shoots can also be looked upon as an opportunity to spend time with the family. 
In the shots below, I thought I'd go for strong Rembrandt light to create the same look for these three volleyball team members. They were great participants! Thanks guys! 



I've been enjoying the challenges of trying to photograph a fast moving sport like volleyball. This weekend I tried shooting with my telephoto and my external flash. It seemed to stop the action a little better. I had been shooting with my 50 mm 1.8 lens to try to get enough light but that really only works well if your at the net. I was sure to check with the tournament organizers and coaches to see if flash was acceptable and they had no issues with it as long as it was from the corners. I'm sure there will be a lot more games to keep trying! 






1 comment:

Ter said...

Great photos! I actually have an interview at the school tomorrow (Monday) afternoon. A little nervous!

I found your blog via the website link. I hope you don't mind me popping by and taking a peak. I can only hope my photos are worthy of the school. It's been a while since I posted true photography on my blog though.