Saturday, March 28, 2009

WPG. Car show 09-All in the Details!


Yeah!!! It's Spring break at school- and even better than a Dark chocolate Mars bar (and that's REALLY good!), is the fact that the instructors gave us no homework over the break!!!!
What maybe some time to bake, cook, clean and maybe put away the Christmas village finally??
NOT- I've decided I think I like taking pictures more and I asked my husband and younger son Calder if they would like to go to the car show with me this morning. The plan was to get there right when it opened to be able to get some good pics without a million people in the picture!
It was a well thought out, strategic plan, I figured, however I was so wrong! We arrived about 15 min. before the doors opened only to be greeted by a long wait! I had to go to plan B! I decided that maybe I should practice some "good seeing " and look for the details of the cars as opposed to the whole picture, as I'd only have a strangers in the frame. This was a lot of fun and my son kept saying,

"take a picture of this one!"
"look at this one MOM, take a picture" 

You get the point- Is it not amazing how at times they are embarrassed of me and my camera and at other times I'm their own personal photographer?! It may have been the fact that every second person had a camera in their hands, or a phone, taking pictures. 

Sorry Ross, I had to use my flash, things were moving so fast, space was tight and the light was not as good as I would have liked.  But on a good note I had lots of practice using my External flash- and oh yah, the bright spots in the pics are from other peoples flashes! (Tee Hee Hee).

I had a lot of fun also with the editing in Lightroom and played with the colour filters ( Hopefully, I'm not insulting anyones vehicles paint job!). Enjoy the images! I think I'll post an album on my Facebook as well- If your interested check them out , there are about 20 other images.












1 comment:

AmandaO said...

You rule the external flash! These are delicious shots! And by delicious I mean that the cars look a bit like candy. Mmmm...candy cars. That would be awesome.