Friday, February 13, 2009

Carolyn and Carter

Meet Carter.
I had a fun day yesterday working on my IS portraiture assignment. I had to photograph a couple of people I did not know. In steps Carolyn and Carter. I know Carolyn from high school but Carter,  her son, I did not know till yesterday. I wish I would have met the child sooner- what a great personality! He was a lot of fun photographing- and very photogenic. Some people like him and his mom can portray emotion well through the lens. We tried a number of different head shots creating different personas with props, lighting, and different backdrops in the studio. I then combined what we learned in Digital Techniques and put an "edgy" spin on some of his photos playing with them in Lightroom.  I think it gives a different feel to the teenager portrait- it might even make having a portrait taken, a little more fun! Thanks guys!

"Edgy" Lightroom manipulated photos of Carter above and below.
Carter the musician below.
Carter the "Edgy" BB player below.
Carter and Carolyn below.
Carter showing his BB skills.

Carolyn.

1 comment:

Heidi Tessmann said...

WOW! awesome shots!! I really like the basketball one!