Tuesday, February 3, 2009

True Friends!

                                                                               Karin


I want you to meet the best people in the world( Right up there, next to your people), my friends. I was able to take home some lights this weekend and have an opportunity to do -yes you guessed it- more head shots! My dilemma- who is willing to come over on a Sunday and have pictures taken. Lets face it, having a picture taken is like a visit to the dentist to some people. Definitely not top 100 things to do on a weekend. As a photography student, I'm extremely dependent on friends and family to complete a lot of my school assignments. Come to think of it, my friends are probably very glad at this point that I didn't go into hairdressing and need them as models to practice on. What is the worst thing I could do with a camera????? ( Okay, let's not go there). Let me see, I think in the past 4 months I've photographed their children, them, their homes, their dogs,.... And what do I do- phone my friends, Marilyn and Karin up and ask them, yet again, to drag their families over for a shoot. They could have run the other way, made up some lame excuse to not come over(Yes, it was Super Bowl Sunday in fact) but they show up faithfully and with smiles on their faces at my door. Someone once said, "A friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." I am so blessed to have great friends such as these!


                                                          Alex, George, and Patrick

Alex,one of my greatest supporters! He even rode his bike for me ,over and over again in frigid weather so I could practice my panning.                                                        
   
                                                                         Patrick


                                                                    Karin and her boys

                                                                          George



                                                                 Tayler and Carson

                                                                           Carson

                                                  Below: Carson, Dan, Marilyn, and Tayler

    "The making of friends,who are real friends, is the best token we have of a man's success  in life."  Edward Everett Hale    

Thanks, guys!!!!!! 

3 comments:

Kelly Balkwill said...

ebonie these came together great!! I especially love the one of the two boys kissing whom I think is their mom's cheek. priceless!

Carolyn said...

Ebonie is the headshot queen!

AmandaO said...

The editing on these photos takes me to my happy place. :D

I love that you have this ability to capture people looking so fresh and happy...and just plain GOOD. That is SO hard to do, and you do it so well. I think it has a lot to do with your personality. You make everyone feel relaxed and you have such a positive energy that it can't help but effect your subjects.

**Hi-5!**

AO!