Saturday, February 21, 2009

Palm Trees meet Mountains.

I'm back....! I decided to take this "shoot week" and do some traveling, in an effort to work on some portfolio picks. I also looked at it as an exploratory time of what I find interesting subject matter.  Palm Springs, California it was! It's an amazing environment of everything from Palm trees to mountains. Subject matter ranges from golf courses (sports) to incredible sunsets, desert landscapes and lush greenery. I found myself "shooting" just about everything I saw, here is a few of the highlights....

My friend Laurie took me on a scenic ride up the mountains to overlook Palm Springs.



Water was always a great subject matter as every corner appears to have fountains and every closed community has their own beautiful water display as you enter the gates to the communities.

Fruit trees just appear at random, Grapefruit, oranges, lemons. In the community where I stayed, you could pick fruit any time you liked.... and it was goooooood!  

I did a little tourist stuff, like visiting the Living Desert. Below is a shot in the "Oasis".

 The Living Desert also had great desert gardens that you could walk thru.



Flowers where everywhere....




and I even had time to explore the game of golf... I went along with my friend Laurie. We were put together with a great couple from Alberta and they where great sports about me taking pictures- They even enjoyed it. Think about it -how many people spend holidays golfing but have no pictures to show for it- Hummmm, I wonder if there is a business opportunity there somewhere???



Meet Linda and Alan - Yes, me taking pictures of stranger's,  I think that was somewhere in the assignments for this week.... boy, those assignments seen so long ago!




Desert Falls golf course below.


El Paseo, the best shopping in town- unfortunately  no paparazzi- like opportunities presented themselves.



Lunch at the Indian Wells golf course. A little "edgy" work in lightroom.


Okay- their bathroom was incredible- oh, the light!


Curtain of water- shot as the valet pulled up the car for us, as we concluded lunch... ah, the life! To bad we all have to come crashing back to reality sometime! Back to school assignments!


2 comments:

AmandaO said...

Woo Ebonie! You're back! Yay!

Sounds like you had a great trip! It looks so nice and warm there. Great shots. It's cool the people you golfed with enjoyed having their photo taken. It's also cool that fruit trees were everywhere. I wish I could just wake up in the morning and pick a grapefruit for breakfast!

AO!

P.S. That cactus shot made me giggle. Heh heh.

Linda McGarva Cohen said...

Welcome home Ebonie! Welcome to the cold, flowerless, fruit treeless wonderland we call home!! I looks like you had a great time. Amanda is one nasty girl-catus!!