Friday, February 27, 2009

Edgy, revisited on past pics.

                           "Badlands Dry"  Badlands, South Dakota., U.S.A.

So along with us learning about HDR's (see previous blog) we also learnt how to do "Edgy" photo's by manipulating an image in Lightroom. I got to thinking about it and wondered if maybe my holiday pics from this past summer's trip to South Dakota and some pics from the Lake could be somehow improved or made more interesting by doing an "Edgy" technique to them. I found the ones that seem to work the best are those with "texture" ie. wood, hair, grass, feathers, etc.  I only got my Cannon 40D at the end of July so that was about as far back as I could go.( I was all about film until then.) It was cool to change them up and it was especially kind of sentimental reliving the highlights by looking at the pics again. It sure helps when the snow is still falling and the temps. are a "balmy" -38C - Think warm thoughts, we'll get through this!


                                                     "Wash Station" 1880's town.

                                                     "Signs" 1880's town.

                                     "Sitting on the Dock at the Bay"  Sammy  

                              "Bird on Perch" Reptile Gardens, South Dakota. 

1 comment:

Carly Alexandra Stevenson said...

AWWW! the picture of "Sammy" is so adorable! =)